Incheiem seria de interviuri in exclusivitate dedicate participantilor din acest an la Eurovision 2016 cu frumoasa Greta Salome, originara din Islanda, ce revine pe scena competitiei europene, de la Stockholm, cu o piesa in forta, cu acorduri minunate de vioara si percutie, “Hear them calling”.
Greta a mai participat alaturi de Jonsi, in 2012, la Eurovision, reusind sa se claseze in finala din Baku.
1. For those who do not know you, tell us more about the artist and the woman Greta Salome.
I´m an Icelandic singer-songwriter and a violinist. I have been playing the violin since I was 4 years old and ever since then my life has revolved around music. I participated in Eurovision in 2012 in Baku and am so excited to be returning to the contest this year.
2. You have taken part before to Eurovision competition. Perseverence is the key to success?
There is no key to success when it comes to Eurovision. Most of all I am grateful for the opportunity to get the message of the song across.
3. The song “Hear them calling” is a very profound one with a more mature sound. Tell us more about it, composers, message, etc.
I wrote the song and the lyrics in September and the message is about how we are exposed to negative voices and influences in today´s society and how we should focus on listening to the positive voices because they are the ones that will take you home, or wherever you belong.
4. After Eurovision do you intend to release “Hear them calling” also as a single?
It´s already out so I hope even more people will hear it after Eurovision.
5. What makes you really hear the calling?
It´s reflected in the message of the song. We are so exposed to negativity in today´s society and the song is about how we should not listen to the negative voices but really focus on the positive ones and be a positive voice to others.
6. Have you listened the other countries’ songs? Which is your favourite?
Yes, there are so many great songs this year and it´s gonna be a strong year.
7. How will your show on the Stockholm stage look like?
We will stay true to the message of the song but you can expect to be pleasantly surprised.
8. Iceland has in a few times got on the highest position on Eurovision. Why do you think it was so and which is you biggest advantage that can convince people to give you more votes?
I don´t really think about the positioning. To me it´s not the important part. The message is the goal of the song and I just hope that can reach people. Then I will feel like a winner.
9. What advice would you give for someone who wants to participate next year in Eurovision?
Be true to yourself and enjoy the ride.
10. Share us a message for our readers and all your Romanian fans!
Lets not listen to the negative voices around us and focus on the positive ones and be a positive voice to others.